Saturday, 5 August 2017

JULY FAVOURITES 2017

July is always a busy and kinda crazy month, mainly because it is my birthday month, but also everything else wants to happen in July as well. Why, does this always happen like this? 

J U L Y   B E A U T Y   F A V O U R I T E S 

July favourites - Mac Fanfare, Loreal, Dove



MAC Fanfare Lipstick 
One of the newest MAC lipsticks to add to my slightly growing collection. I actually picked this one up at the airport in Majorca; I just looked at it, and fell in love. At the moment it is my perfect go to when I am feeling for a pink lip, especially lately when the summer weather has been dull and I still want my face to look summary. As a cremesheen, it does not dry my lips out, which is always a plus side. 

Dove DermaSpa Lotion 
I have been a fan of the Bondi Sands gradual tanner for a while now, but at £11 a bottle, there is a better and cheaper alternative out there; Dove. When Anna Saccone spoke about this Dove lotion is one of her videos last year, I kinda knew I needed to get my hands on it. It doesn't have a weird fake tan smell and drys quite quickly. It gives me skin a bit of tint when they are looking like a white sheet and helped to top up my tan after Majorca and the British Summer time disappearing. 

Benefit Roller Lash 
Do you ever forget about how much you love a product when you have not used it in over a year? Well this was the case with Benefit roller lash. 

L'Oreal Hydra Genius Aloe Water 
The L'oreal Hydra Genius Aloe water came into my life via a sample in a magazine; I took it on holiday with me and just loved the way it felt on my skin. Although I do have oily skin, it does not emphasis and oily patches and really does hydrate my skin in the morning and night. The Hydra Genius does came in a couple of ranges for different skin types, I have been using the 'normal to combination' hydra genius and it seems to have been really helping my skin out. 


J U L Y  L I F E S T Y L E   F A V O U R I T E S


Hyde Park British Summer Time - Justin Bieber 
When I started writing this post I was NOT expecting that I would be writing about the last EVER Purpose Tour show; it actually breaks my heart slightly (which you will probably know if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram). Apart from all the pushing and the mini arguments that seemed to happen all day with people wanting to get closer to the barrier, like you are not going to get to touch him or anything. The whole day was incredible. Martin Garrix is just WOW and Justin Bieber, well he was so happy, even with a cold, and his performance was just amazing. I had eye contact again and had the best time. Purpose Tour 4 of 4 was worth every moment and every penny and every hour queueing to get third/second row. 

Riverdale 
Riverdale, a program on Netflix, which I never expected to love or was never really on my radar. However, one episode in and I was in love with the characters and the show as a whole, plus Cole Sprouse clearly still had a place in my heart ever since The Suite Life of Zac & Cody. Bring on season 2.

42nd Street - West End Musical 
For me the joy of a West End musical or show is really quite incredible. Ever since I was a young girl, maybe 4 or 5 when my parents took me to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, going to London to see a West End Show has been one of my favourite things to do. This year for my 20th Birthday, my parents took me to see 42nd Street, which arguably is one of the BEST shows on the West End at the moment. From the tap dancing to the singing, it truly is well worth seeing the show. Also it is set in New York and I obviously love New York.

At Home With .. 
I have never really been one with podcasts, they have never really interested me. It was not until I was in Majorca, when I was getting a bit bored round the pool and I didn't fancy reading a book or surfing social media when I just wanted to listen to something. 'At Home With..' is 10 episodes from Lily Pebbles and The Anna Edit, whom happen to be two of my favourite bloggers/youtubers, so it seemed the perfect podcast to listen too. Honestly, the 30 minute podcast episodes have made me find a place in my heart for podcasts and the guests have been so great. A personal favourite was the Liz Earle episode. 

Dunkirk 
I was nearly not going to include Dunkirk in this months favourites, but how I could I not when I really did enjoy the film. As a child that has been brought up in a household where her father would watch war films, I have been used to watching war films basically my whole life. Now, I did not go and see Dunkirk simply for Harry Styles, but more because I was interested in the film. I love how the film was set from three perspectives and how there is hardly any speaking, because it still draws you into the action.

What have you been loving in July?

Love Alicia x 
SHARE:
© Life Of Alicia Louise. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig